Wholesome, God-centered Self-image




How you view yourself and your confession will determine your destiny.  God has great plans for your life, but you must cooperate with Him by seeing you as God sees you.  You must believe in you like God believes in you.  The following are suggestions for you to think on and confess to achieve a wholesome, God-centered self image:

1. I know God created me, and He loves me.  See Psalm 139:13-16; Psalm 103:2-5; I John 4:10.

2. I have faults and weaknesses, and I want to change.  I believe God is working in my life.  He is changing me bit by bit, day by day.  While He is doing so, I can still enjoy myself and my life.  See Romans 7:14-25; Hebrews 4:14-16.

3. Everyone has faults, so I am not a complete failure just because I am not perfect.  See the lives of
Jesus’ disciples Peter and John.

4. I am going to work with God to overcome my weaknesses, but I realize that I will always have something to deal with; therefore, I will not become discouraged when God convicts me of areas in my life that need improvement.  See Philippians 3:12-14.

5. I want to make people happy and have them like me, but my sense of worth is not dependent on what others think of me.  Jesus has already affirmed my value by His willingness to die for me.  My confidence should be in God.  See Jeremiah 1:5; Jeremiah 17:7.

6. I will not be controlled by what people think, say or do.  Even if they totally reject me, I will survive.  God has promised never to reject me or condemn me as long as I keep believing.  See Proverbs 29:25; John 6:29.

7. No matter how often I fail, I will not give up, because God is with me to strengthen and sustain me.  He has promised never to leave me or forsake me.  See Isaiah 41:9-14; Hebrews 13:5.

8. I like myself.  I don’t like everything I do, and I want to change, but I refuse to reject myself.

9. I am right with God through Jesus Christ.  See II Corinthians 5:17, 21.

10. God has a good plan for my life.  I am going to fulfill my destiny and be all I can be for His glory.  I have God-given gifts and talents, and I intend to use them to help others.  Jeremiah 29:11; Isaiah 49:1, 14-16, 23.

11. I can do all things I need to do, everything that God calls me to do, through His son Jesus Christ.  See Philippians 4:12, 13.

comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar

 
Powered by Blogger